We swam, we surfed, we SQL queried. Between the beach and the tiki hut office, there was lots to glean from our time in Costa Rica:
- Contrary to popular belief, developers are not allergic to sunlight.
- Hammocks make good desks.
- A day iterating on Facebook's API is a day well spent.
- When you want a good photo, ask a Schwartz.
- Jason Pearl builds cloud-based games and Imperial pyramids with equal levels of dedication and ingenuity.
- Chef Aram has ninja knife skills. And now we all know how to chop an onion properly.
- Just say no to traveling on the day two major airlines merge.
- Just say yes when someone asks you if you have a phone in your pocket before they throw you in the water.
- Meetings are more fun when they happen in pools.
- The two rarest things to see in the wild: sloths and a John Gore smile.
Check out some other highlights from our trip: