The Spice House
- Case Studies
Cooking Up a Website with Flavor
When Chicago retailer The Spice House first came to Table XI, they were managing every order from their e-commerce site by hand and nothing was automated. Their website wasn’t appearing in search results, so no one could find them or their products online.
They knew they needed help, but it was clear this project was bigger than their part-time web freelancer could handle.
What We Did
- Custom-built a clean, searchable e-commerce site
- Created a database of keyword-rich recipes on the site featuring Spice House products
- Automated credit and gift card processing (both virtual and physical)
- Automated shipping across UPS and USPS, eliminating customer complaints about the price of shipping
- Developed go-to-market and SEO strategies and improved online brand visibility
- Online revenue grew from approximately $250,000 to $1.3M in three years
- The average online order size increased by 54%
- The time needed to process orders was cut in half, allowing for more transactions and business scalability
- The store consistently ranks in the first page of Google search results for “spices” and other related terms, and receives millions of visitors from search engines every year
- The “Recipes” section of the site now generates nearly 50% of the site’s organic traffic