When we launched Strange Cargo’s new website in November, co-owner Jay Schwartz called the new site “bigger, bolder, and better.” We’re excited to have the numbers back up Jay’s words: In the month leading up to Christmas, the t-shirt retailer saw an improved conversion rate, an increase in the average order amount, and more than 50% growth in online revenue.
What’s making the difference? A cleaner, more compelling interface and newly created content have led to more traffic and sales conversions. Here are six changes that have contributed to improved sales performance:
- Longer, keyword-rich product descriptions increase visibility among search engines while capturing the brand’s irreverent style and voice.
- More customization options and a user-friendly, graphic interface make it quick and easy for shoppers to navigate the site and design the products they want.
- New product images feature real people wearing Strange Cargo’s merchandise, evoking the store’s sense of fun and community.
- New product pages promote accessories and other items not previously available online.
- A one-page checkout process streamlines purchasing, leading to greater sales conversions.
- Newly added Facebook and Twitter buttons have increased social interaction and helped draw attention to social media promotions.
Curious about similar opportunities for your site? Let’s talk.